Collingsguitars.com    Collingsforum.com    Collings Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Gear  Hop To Forums  Technical and Repair Info.    primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12

Moderators: Lambo, Rockerbob
Go
New
Find
Tools

primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Me, too. Just sent my trial unit off to the next participant. To summarize, very pleased with results.

More later.

JC

Posts: 292 | Location: Gulf Coast Alabama | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending my trial unit off to the next person tommorrow. Will give a report soon after.

Chris
Crockett, TX

Posts: 299 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all primeVibe Tour participants for keeping it moving to the next Collings forum member in queue.

See primeVibe in action, meet Founder/CEO James Romeyn at the combination SFM (Canada)/Musiquip (USA) booth at NAMM in Anaheim CA 13-16 January.

We may be slow in responding to emails ttill return by 18 January.

If someone in the middle of queue accidentally receives both kits on tour we'll happily pay return shipping for the extra kit.

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

James Romeyn, Founder/CEO
Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good luck at NAMM, James. I don't know where I am in the queue, but I have a sound source and a place to put it if that ever comes to pass. thanks for your generosity. tom

Posts: 9497 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following is my PrimeVibe experience with a loaned kit that is making the rounds.

The Instruments
I decided to try the PV on a couple of instruments, both of which are somewhat new & recent builds. I decided not to try it on my D1A, since that guitar has been Tonerited a number of times already (and recently), and I could never be totally sure if the results were because of previous TR sessions or the PV. I chose first to PV a new mandolin I just bought last month. It is a flattop, oval holed mando made by Keith Newell of Oregon. It is only about 4 months old, and I am the first owner. It was played very little before I received it. It is solid spruce top & solid maple b&s, varnish finish. It already had an incredible sound for a flattop oval hole; not only the sweetness you’d expect from such a mando, but also a nice low end. I could even get a decent bluegrass chop out of it, which is rare on that type of mando. The bracing has carbon fiber sandwiched in between the wood. It looks like a work of art (custom fretboard, headstock & tailpiece) and sounded great. I PV’d it for a little over 3 days. The second instrument, being my only other guitar, is from a custom Blueridge batch build ordered by & for Steve at AMW. It’s about a year old, all solid, Adi top with hog b&s. I bought it from Steve a few months ago and am the second owner. Even though it’s my “beater” it has a really good sound and simplified looks. Since it was fairly new and had never been TR’d before, I thought it was a good candidate. It was PV’d for a little over 3 days.

The Process
First, you’ll need a place to lay the instrument down on its back, with something at the front & back of the body to elevate most of the instrument off of the table. An instrument case is not recommended for reasons of safety (lid falling shut) and lessening of the vibrations. You’ll also need a place where you can make some noise without bothering anybody. Hook up is easy and all you need to provide is music. I went with a radio tuned to different stations. Throughout the process, you need to check the speakers/modules because the vibration can cause them to slowly slide off of the instrument, but that is a simple fix.

The Results
The mando experienced a very noticeable change. Sustain and volume were increased, I’d estimate at about a 3 on a scale of 10, maybe almost a 4. Even the chop is better than before on this oval flattop; it’s even better than on some carved F’s that I’ve heard & played. Overall, the feel & is “looser” for lack of a better word. I was very pleased with the results on the mando; it made a very good new mando sound excellent. As for the Blueridge, the results were there, but not as impressive. Here I also felt that volume and sustain both increased, and I’d rate the change at about a 2 out of 10. I consider any change for the better a good thing, so I was pleased with the result here also.

Judgement
Like any product, the PV has pros & cons. You need a safe, secure place that the instrument can lay down flat. The noise of the music is also pretty substantial (more volume, more vibrations), so you need a place where no one will be bothered by the loud music. I really don’t have such a place, and my wife & kids were complaining by the end of the week. On the plus side, you can detune the strings, and processing won’t deaden them further (unlike the TR). Also, in my case, I found improvement in both instruments. Having experienced both PV and TR, I’m a firm believer in the process of vibrations to “loosen up” and make an instrument sound better. If I had an isolated place to treat my instruments with the PV, and could leave it on for weeks at a time instead of days, I imagine that it would have a significant impact on my instruments.

Thanks to James for the generous loan and trial!
PM me with any questions
Smile

Chris
Crockett, TX

posted Hide Post
Chris very good revue
you answered a big question for me, & that is the noise issue, I do not have a convient place to leave it set up at volume without disturbing my wife (who does not work outside of the home)
I think I will for the time being continue with periodic use of the Tonerite,in rotation with my guitars
Fred

Kopp K-35
Collings D-1A
2010LesPaul studio deluxe
Classic Vibe Franken Tele
Vintage V-130 LesPaul Jr.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Stark county Ohio | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disturbing your wife? C,mon man put some pants on. I am trying a pv rite now. I keep it in a spare bedroom and it just sounds like there is a radio on in the other room. Not bad at all. Its not "noise". I tried a tonerite and to me the tonrite was more aggrivating than the primevibe. Tonerite = noise, primevibe= actual music.

Posts: 83 | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehanson1:
Disturbing your wife? C,mon man put some pants on. I am trying a pv rite now. I keep it in a spare bedroom and it just sounds like there is a radio on in the other room. Not bad at all. Its not "noise". I tried a tonerite and to me the tonrite was more aggrivating than the primevibe. Tonerite = noise, primevibe= actual music.

Dude, don't tell anyone around here to "put some pants on." So fasthand doesn't want to disturb his wife, what business is that of yours? Answer: none. We're all glad that you have a spare bedroom, but not everyone does. What is or isn't "noise" is only your opinion. Too bad the rest of the world doesn't share it. Spell check is awesome, BTW.

Wait, now I remember! Your the brilliant rocket scientist who said earlier in this thread "ok, enough about prime vibe. Sounds good. If you want one, buy one. I may very well myself but on to another thread please.." You said this on a PrimeVibe thread! Troll much?

If your review is half as witty as your comments so far, it should be good for a few laughs! Razz

Chris
Crockett, TX

posted Hide Post
Chris thank you for your defense we have communicated through Flatpicker Hangout a few times, to bad the miles between Texas & Ohio are so many, it would be nice to meet you.

to dehanson1, you do not know me or anything about me, but I do not buy into the view that a man has the right to bully his wishes on his wife,in my home we share a mutual respect for each other, my wife suffers from some back issues that often keep her bed ridden for days & at times weeks at a time, that's my business, as for your opinion on how I act in my home STUFF IT

Kopp K-35
Collings D-1A
2010LesPaul studio deluxe
Classic Vibe Franken Tele
Vintage V-130 LesPaul Jr.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Stark county Ohio | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cravens, shouldnt you be practicing scales or something?

quote:
Originally posted by ccravens:
quote:

Dude, don't tell anyone around here to "put some pants on." So fasthand doesn't want to disturb his wife, what business is that of yours? Answer: none. We're all glad that you have a spare bedroom, but not everyone does. What is or isn't "noise" is only your opinion. Too bad the rest of the world doesn't share it. Spell check is awesome, BTW.

Wait, now I remember! Your the brilliant rocket scientist who said earlier in this thread "ok, enough about prime vibe. Sounds good. If you want one, buy one. I may very well myself but on to another thread please.." You said this on a PrimeVibe thread! Troll much?

If your review is half as witty as your comments so far, it should be good for a few laughs! Razz

posted Hide Post
Fasthand, my apologies to you. Yall took me way too seriously. And yes I bought a PV. Testing it on 2 guitars right now. And really, it just sounds like there is a radio on in the other room.Its not annoying at all unless you hate listening to music.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Disturbing your wife? C,mon man put some pants on. ...

What a dumb thing to say.

Posts: 1538 | Registered: June 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post