Collingsguitars.com    Collingsforum.com    Collings Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Gear  Hop To Forums  Technical and Repair Info.    primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

Moderators: Lambo, Rockerbob
Go
New
Find
Tools

primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks, FreeBlues, for the well-written review!

"louisiana" Smile

Posts: 1310 | Registered: July 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nice review freeblues.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Durham, NC | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Freeblues, thanks for this thorough and honest evaluation!

I've been following this thread closely and anxiously awaiting your report, as well as those from other participants. I was in Eric Schoenberg's shop 2 weeks ago and he pulled a newly-received PV out of its box, saying he just got a few units shipped to him. He was running a ToneRite on another guitar, but his explanation about how this unit worked and differed from TR, got me intrigued by this product.

$99 is a nominal price for this appreciable improvement in tone and playability you describe...

Posts: 41 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been following this thread closely and anxiously awaiting your report, as well as those from other participants. I was in Eric Schoenberg's shop 2 weeks ago and he pulled a newly-received PV out of its box, saying he just got a few units shipped to him. He was running a ToneRite on another guitar, but his explanation about how this unit worked and differed from TR, got me intrigued by this product.

did he mention which one he preferred?

i've yet to use either.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Durham, NC | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am curious as to the long term effects of the PV vs the TR.

Posts: 564 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eric didn't say which unit he preferred. He literally pulled it fresh out of the box that day while I was visiting his shop. I know he's a fan of the TR, but from our conversation, I gather that he hadn't tried the PV yet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StephenT28:
I am curious as to the long term effects of the PV vs the TR.

Yeah, me too.

I thought the TR treatment benefits sort of faded over time, or perhaps I got used to the tone and wanted a bit more. Can't really say. I did not much use the TR after my initial treatments, so it's likely I did not get the full benefit.

My plan with the PV is to see how the guitars sound down the road. I will say that as of today I have found no fall off in my initial impressions.

Posts: 957 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keithw:
Wow! Freeblues, thanks for this thorough and honest evaluation!

$99 is a nominal price for this appreciable improvement in tone and playability you describe...

Eric received a primeVibe industry sample in November. His associate James thereafter emailed that they were seasoning a guitar and "excited" about the results, with an order for six kits, which we shipped 11 Dec per our shipping label history. I am immensely pleased and excited about Eric's order. I visited his shop and had the sweet pleasure of meeting him. One could hardly ask for a humbler professional, all the more satisfying when one considers his position and stature in the acoustic guitar world. A reliable well-connected M.I. source (principal at one of N.A.'s largest distributors) said Eric's endorsement was a turning point for ToneRite.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: primeVibe,

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

James Romeyn, Founder/CEO
Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fail to see whatever benefits you might experience would fade, unless you stop playing the guitar. These processes- one of which I've experienced and found useful, the other which I hope to try out someday- are, essentially, accelerated break-in devices. They do what you do (when you do that voodoo that you do so well), only more rapidly. Cue: good vibrations. There are other processes out there- molecular mumbo and cellular jumbo- that are an entirely different concept, and topic. I think vibration works (batteries not included; void were prohibited by law; some parts are edible; no salesman will call; report to the ER after four hours....). tom

Posts: 9554 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sonoman:
I fail to see whatever benefits you might experience would fade, unless you stop playing the guitar. These processes- one of which I've experienced and found useful, the other which I hope to try out someday- are, essentially, accelerated break-in devices. They do what you do (when you do that voodoo that you do so well), only more rapidly. Cue: good vibrations. There are other processes out there- molecular mumbo and cellular jumbo- that are an entirely different concept, and topic. I think vibration works (batteries not included; void were prohibited by law; some parts are edible; no salesman will call; report to the ER after four hours....). tom

Yet it is a belief among certain people that if you don't play a guitar after a period of time it will go back "asleep".

Posts: 1687 | Location: San Luis Obispo, CA | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump to top....just curious to hear reviews from other participants of this trial/study/research project...

I'm intrigued by this product and was encouraged by FreeBlues' initial review.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
My trial time is almost up, and I've got a mando and guitar treated that I'll review and share in a couple of days.

Chris
Crockett, TX

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post