Collingsguitars.com    Collingsforum.com    Collings Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Gear  Hop To Forums  Technical and Repair Info.    primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12

Moderators: Lambo, Rockerbob
Go
New
Find
Tools

primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A happy and mellow 21st of December to all...

Endicia confirms #1 participant received the kit yesterday at 15:50 hours.

We shall (hopefully) read of his results over the next week or so. Again: I listed the seven participants in sequence of proximity starting closest to primeVibe in Utah, heading generally though not exclusively eastward. Upon request via email I'll inform participants of their place in queue.

If anyone must drop out just notify the IC (Incident Commander, AKA me). I will delete your name in queue and forward the edited queue to the participant currently auditioning, who will toss the outdated list, print the new list, and enclose the new list with the kit.

A kind and generous end user/customer graciously volunteered to bring his kit to a major distributor in So. Africa who I intended to contact! How great is that?

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

James Romeyn, Founder/CEO
Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started this thread to get reports from other primeVibe users. Any of you out there?

Bob K

Posts: 1154 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over three weeks of silence on that suggests the answer is no . . . .

Posts: 3288 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, not yet!

I am the first on the list of the traveling PV. It arrived two days ago and is in work as I type. I've put the gadget on my Flammang Smeck model and it's been running for 36 hours. I have not taken it off to do an interim evaluation. I'll let it run at least 72 hours, then report back.

Posts: 957 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, FreeBlues. Let's keep this tread going; I want to know what you all find...

Bob K

Posts: 1154 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KairosKraft:
I started this thread to get reports from other primeVibe users. Any of you out there?

Hi KairosKraft
Currently primeVibe is in the hands of the first of seven members/participants. We will likely have feedback shortly.

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is not a "formal" or final review, I'll have much more to say later. But, after 3 1/2 days of continuous treatment on my Flammang Smeck (mahogany/Adi, 12 fret jumbo) I am pretty much blown away.

I had low expectations for this treatment and was already very, very pleased with the guitar. That said, my impressions after the treatment are off the charts favorable.

Now, I've got another guitar coming off today, so opinions are subject to change. I also want to give the guitars a few days to settle, make sure what I'm hearing and feeling are real. But, tell you what, based on what I've heard so far, I am very likely going to either keep this test unit or purchase a new one.

More to follow...

Posts: 957 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Moderator"
Picture of Lambo
posted Hide Post
You owned and used a ToneRite - can you compare the results?

Posts: 6739 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very good afternoon to all!

Looks like a pleasant and welcome event (sale to first tour participant) will result in primeVibe forwarding 10% to the forum! Good on all of concerned!

We'll ship a new primeVibe kit to #2 on the list "John C."; and PM a notice after I print the shipping label.

Our sincere thanks to the forum and all members/participants!

PS: It would be very helpful and simplify communication (absolutely no sales calls and no 3rd party sharing ever) if all participants would email me to simplify my sending edited queue lists in the case of deletions for emergency, dog ate my guitar, etc. Currently I have only one participant's email of six remaining in queue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: primeVibe,

Debra Romeyn, Manager

posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm officially confused. Who's on the list? A second and possibly more important question: how do you have the guitar horizontal, but with the back not touching anything so it can vibrate? Levitation? This is not a commentary on the product, which might be miraculous, but, with the TR, all you had to do was put it on a good guitar stand in an out of the way place. How, exactly, does one situate the instrument so that the primeVibe does what it's supposed to do? thanks, tom

Posts: 9554 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next impertinent question. First, the product makes sense to me. that's good. However, based on the six minute video I just watched, one's guitar has actual music applied to it. The down side of that seems to be that you have no choice to but listen to the music also as long as the application lasts. Is this incorrect? We do have a back room where I could quarantine the guitar during seasoning.
Lastly, what is the source of the music? Your Ipod? Stereo? And what kind of music works best? Guitar for guitar? Symphonies? I'm just trying to understand this before I consider taking the 99 dollar leap. thanks tom

Posts: 9554 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me address two questions, part way for now. I laid my guitar flat on a carpeted surface, placed the two transducers on the top, connected to a spare laptop and played music continuously for 3 1/2 days (an iPod works equally well). The guitar was NOT suspended. It can be placed in its case I'm told, but this will lessen the vibration. No magic, no special equipment.

Now, compared to the ToneRite (TR), the most obvious disadvantage of the Prime Vibe (PV) is the need to lay the guitar flat. You will need a space that is safe from animals, children and careless adults. I used the closet I hang my guitars in, so no worries about someone (or something) crashing onto the guitar AND I had no worries about humidity or temperature. With the TR I could hang the guitar on its normal wall hanger (or stand) and not give it any further thought. Second, the PV turns your guitar into a very bad speaker and plays music. You will NOT be tempted to sell even your cruddy computer speakers and replace it with this system! The music should be as loud as possible, meaning it will be VERY annoying to any others who share the same house. Again, I placed my guitar inside a closet, closed the closet door, then closed the door to the room the closet is in. This cut the volume significantly, but not completely. No problem when no one is home, but I did turn the volume down to inaudible levels (inaudible behind two closed doors) when folks were around. The TR produced an annoying hum, but that sound more or less blended into the background and is (mostly) not an issue. A really cruddy speaker playing real music at just loud enough levels to be really annoying is hard to ignore.

So for convenience, the TR wins hands down.

Results will depend on all the usual things. I will get into that later. Suffice to say, I just purchased the PV. I used the TR on all my guitars last year and was very happy with the results - you can read my reviews on the ToneRite thread on this forum. Specifically, I used the TR on my Flammang for about a week at max sometime around last July. I love this guitar, liked what the TR did. I got on the PV demo list just because I am sort of a tweaker and was curious, I did not expect the change to be significant. It was. I did not intend nor did I really plan on purchasing the PV, but the results were good enough that I decided to do the rest on my guitars.

Is the PV "better" than the TR? I think so. A lot better? Maybe. Worth $100? Absolutely!