Collingsguitars.com    Collingsforum.com    Collings Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Gear  Hop To Forums  Technical and Repair Info.    primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12

Moderators: Lambo, Rockerbob
Go
New
Find
Tools

primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The third being my birthday, we have three in so we'll ship tomorrow and get this going. For now I'll add more names upon request.

Those that sent your full contact info: What's your vote for maximum days? I was thinking 7 but this not in stone. You'll hear results in hours, certainly within 24 hours. In my experience improvement slowed or ceased after about 100 hours (96 hours = four days).

Let me know!

My phone is 435 213 3953.

Did I mention Eric Schoenberg Guitars will have 6 kits later this week?

Do you have a music source you can dedicate exclusively to the seasoning process?

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

James Romeyn, Founder/CEO
Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is for a week for each demo, this gives more than enough time for one guitar, two easily, then gets it quickly on the the next guy in the list.

Posts: 948 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm clearing our storage space to receive our next primeVibe shipment tomorrow.

We'll ship tomorrow to the first person in queue.

Everyone desiring to participate please email your complete name/address if you did not already.

Ship to the next person within seven days after receipt.

Please all participants: you don't have retie and re-bag the wires, but please leave all the ties and bags in the gift box (and the decal and instructions).

Regards,
Jimbo

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James,

any further updates on the pv on nitro finishes?

http://prime-vibe.com/product-...trocellulose-finish/

Posts: 1022 | Location: Durham, NC | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can find absolutely no marking of the surface on the two guitars I have pVed so far.

Bob K

Posts: 1147 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSHPCWGP:
James,

any further updates on the pv on nitro finishes?

http://prime-vibe.com/product-...trocellulose-finish/

The only one working harder than me right now (you won't believe the dealer requests, beware what you ask for...) is (maybe) Debra. Ryan did not make my sample wood yet.

All or most of any residual concern about nitro exited the door when Eric Schoenberg wrote 10 December "...We're in the middle of trying out the primeVibe on one guitar but we're excited by the progress so far...", followed by his order for six kits. He should have them this week, maybe already. If I could just give up eating and sleeping for a few days I could update the dealer list, including Eric.

I'll bug Master luthier Ryan Thorell for the wood sample with nitro finish. I still will do the promised scenario and intend to get it started ASAP.

Thanks for the question.

Debra Romeyn, Manager

posted Hide Post
Tour started today, already shipped to the first participant in NM, where my dear departed aunt Cecilia lived (loved every visit, gourmet cook, great and loving hostess, dearly missed).

There are four participants but we may add more because I invited earlier posters who expressed interest and may not receive notifications (my prior error).

Debra Romeyn, Manager

posted Hide Post
Edited, five participants now. I'll email updated list to first recipient.

Debra Romeyn, Manager

posted Hide Post
Just to confirm, because a participant needed clarification:

Participants agree to purchase nothing except USPS Priority shipping (or similar through FE, UPS, registered carrier) to the next person in queue on the list included with the kit, a maximum of seven days after receipt. primeVibe is the last recipient/participant (primeVibe's full shipping address in footer of the queue list enclosed with the kit).

Don't buy insurance. IIRC Priority includes $60 insured value but we'll just blame a national politician if it's lost or damaged.

While you wait in queue, check this mah-velous instrument suspension device from GAL (Guild of American Luthiers) Summer 2010 issue, article relating to seasoning with incredible cloud graphs, by Michael Cone.

I'd love to trade a primeVibe or two for something similar if anyone is interested....hint, hint...

Debra and James

Debra Romeyn, Manager

posted Hide Post
ok, enough about prime vibe. Sounds good. If you want one, buy one. I may very well myself but on to another thread please...Smile

Posts: 83 | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehanson1:
ok, enough about prime vibe. Sounds good. If you want one, buy one. I may very well myself but on to another thread please...Smile

This is the primeVibe thread. What else would be discussed here? There a a number of people interested in this. If you're not, don't click on the link. Simple.

Chris
Crockett, TX

Posts: 300 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dehanson1,

Huh!? This company has generously put their money where their mouth is by offering a traveling unit for us to evaluate. How can you have a problem with that?

#6186 2000 OM3HG
#3876 1998 D3
http://rockyandhisfriends.com/

Posts: 2210 | Location: Lambertville, NJ | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post