Collingsguitars.com    Collingsforum.com    Collings Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Gear  Hop To Forums  Technical and Repair Info.    primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Moderators: Lambo, Rockerbob
Go
New
Find
Tools

primeVibe: Seasoning My Guitar
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So will I, just let me know what I need to do next...

Thanks,

JC

Posts: 292 | Location: Gulf Coast Alabama | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's one born every minute, and I'm one of 'em. I'd take a shot, given the chance. thanks tom

Posts: 9483 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Moderator"
Picture of Lambo
posted Hide Post
James/Debra-

Any updates? You have quite a few people here that are interested, with questions about your offer.

Posts: 6696 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be to late but I just bought a new Collings so I'd be interested.
Smile

Posts: 108 | Location: Houston | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up my OM2HGcust (deep body) last night and it sounded significantly better to my ears. I had pV'ed it last weekend for 24 hours. I put pV on it again last night and am going for another 24 hours. I picked up my D2HBbAV which has IIRC 2 hours of pV (a couple weeks ago) and it sounds better than I remember it sounding (and it has always sounded extremely good).
I am satisfied that the pV works and makes my guitars sound better. I am not associated with pV in any way.

Bob K

Posts: 1142 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: May 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
definitely an interesting product.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Durham, NC | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Moderator"
Picture of Lambo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSHPCWGP:
definitely an interesting product.

Certainly.

Though I'm a bit concerned about the non-responsiveness following the offer. Anyone have the lowdown?

Posts: 6696 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Though I'm a bit concerned about the non-responsiveness following the offer. Anyone have the lowdown?

probably doesn't frequent the forum.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Durham, NC | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please accept my most humble apology for not receiving notifications of any posts at this most respected forum.

Thank goodness one of the members sent me a note. I'll read all the posts and reply forthwith.

"Humble Pie", or "kick me here" T-shirt model,
James Romeyn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: primeVibe,

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

James Romeyn, Founder/CEO
Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted a request for information regarding the logistics of the previous "Traveling ToneRite" at this or another forum and no replies. So I'll just wing this on my own, though I'm open to suggestions.

Current plan (open to modification):

1st, full disclosure: primeVibe requires a music program source dedicated to the seasoning task throughout, such as iPod, CDP with repeat function, computer, MP3 players start around $20 at Amazon. The following is optional, and others with better ears than mine disagree including the most respected Big Joe of Gibson mandolin fame, but I just have this intuition that the best music program source is solo music matching the target instrument, in this case acoustic guitar. You can play heavy metal and/or organ pedal tones, just beware that your lowest fundamental tone in standard tuning is 82 Hz (low open E). Tones below 82 Hz will indeed require power that could otherwise be available for music in the instrument's normal range. OTOH Big Joe thinks the wider the range the better. Later, after reading enough user reports, maybe we'll come to a consensus about the most effective music program source (or maybe not, we'll see). Personally, I very much look forward to seeing how this pans out. So far, users including me seem to enjoy everything from Austin Weyand (one of my favs) to Ozzie Osbourne, to Eric Clapton.

2nd: the subject instrument must be seasoned while horizontal. Think of it as making your instrument comfortable while you exercise it/wake up the wood. The side/back will season better if they are free to also resonate, which will increase if the instrument is out of its case (exact percentage unknown and unknowable, my guess is about 20%). If the guitar is out of the case, we address ideal positioning in the instructions HERE, which will take only a few minutes to read.

So, I propose all interested members please send me your full name, full mailing address, telephone number, and email. With all participant's blessing and agreement, I'll print all the names/addresses/emails (no phone number, only for emergency, I will make no sales calls ever), sequence the names by address proximity starting closest to me, which will speed delivery and minimize shipping fees for all members. If names are sequenced as they appeared in this thread, our poor little primeVibe orphan could possibly ping pong back and forth from E coast to W, N to S. I'll include the name/address list with everything except telephone numbers in the kit mailed to the first member closest to me. That person will audition primeVibe for (I suggest between seven and ten maximum days after receipt, please vote on this number), then ship it to the next person on the list, etc.

We will ship in a reusable carton, which costs from $7-$10 to ship Priority (about 2 lbs, over 1st Class limit which is under 13 oz) depending on the too/from zones. If the carton gets too beat up the sender may need to get a replacement. Beware the free appropriately sized "flat rate Priority" carton at USPS costs a flat rate of about $10.75 to ship. A 2 lb plain carton ships for less than the flat rate which has no weight limit.

A maximum of one person must be personally responsible to delete any member name from the list, and I am that person (change of mind, family emergency, forgot vacation date, called away for unforeseen work or personal emergency, guitar sold, dog ate guitar, etc.) If/when a member instructs me to delete their name from the list, I'll immediately call and email the member currently auditioning to delete the appropriate member from the queue list in their possession.

We might allow or refuse to allow names added to the list, we'll just see how that goes.

Being the lover of discounts, I'll address the subject before it appears. We're donating 10% for now to the forum, so think of any future purchase as both of us doing a good deed for the forum's financial health. We really can't discount below the current MSRP -20%, reflected in the current $99 MAP/Street Price, because dealers are signing on-board as I type (we can't undercut dealers).

Hey, dealers! Give me a call! The advantage of dealers signing on board is to demo the product to the poor innocent souls having do idea we exist! How sad is that?

BTW, we are proud (I can't tell you how happy this make us) to announce our latest dealer, Eric Schoenberg of Schoenberg Guitars in Tiburon (Marin County) CA. Eric, as most readers here already know, is largely credited as the person most responsible for the "OM" renaissance (he's also a believer in 1-13/16" nut widths, someone only a person with fingers as fat as mine could appreciate). Eric will shortly have six kits in stock, and I doubt they'll last long at his lovely boutique, one of my favorites in the whole world.

Your humble servant (now getting notifications, I think),

This message has been edited. Last edited by: primeVibe,

$99 primeVibe seasons all guitars including solid body and bass, violin, viola, cello, double bass, ukulele, harmonica, even drums! www.prime-Vibe.com

Debra Romeyn, Manager

Posts: 30 | Location: Cache Valley, Utah, USA | Registered: October 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in if you still have a slot.

Posts: 249 | Registered: June 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12fret
Yes, of course.

Man, I'm still not getting notifications. Do I have to say a special prayer? I'll keep coming back. Meanwhile, everyone still interested email your complete address and phone and I'll get this started. So far we have only one confirmation email.

Cheers to all! Sorry I was gone so long. We're (happily) working hard setting up dealers.

Debra Romeyn, Manager