Collingsguitars.com    Collingsforum.com    Collings Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Gear  Hop To Forums  Technical and Repair Info.    alchemy acoustic labs?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44

Moderators: Lambo, Rockerbob
Go
New
Find
Tools

alchemy acoustic labs?
 Login/Join 
"Moderator"
Picture of Lambo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom F.:
Tom, a "trend" of what . . . one or two people?

Being somewhat closer to the process than most folks (although still lacking first-hand experience for the time being), I can tell you that it's not just a trend. Difficult though it may be to believe, the results do seem to be just as AAL claims: 100% of their clients are not only happy with the results, but happy by a wide margin.

I've talked with two people with no ties to AAL, both of which are extremely satisfied with the returned guitar.

I've been struggling to get my own guitar to AAL but I can't seem to buy the hour it takes to prep it. I may seem lax about this but that's not the case.

Posts: 6737 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elambo:
I've talked with two people with no ties to AAL, both of which are extremely satisfied with the returned guitar.

How would you have found these people? Ask them to post their experiences and impressions on the forum

Posts: 1687 | Location: San Luis Obispo, CA | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Moderator"
Picture of Lambo
posted Hide Post
This thread will continue to populate with impressions and I imagine theirs will be included.

Posts: 6737 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
louisiana: Here's my short impression on the A01 process - It Works. Across the board they delivered on what they say their process does.

The changes have been immensely positive and substantial. No double-blind needed here. Twice I took the bait on the TR... sent it back each time as I just wasn't hearing a difference. But with this.... no contest, hands down we have ourselves a winner. The only way you will be 100% convinced is to hear one of the guitars that have gone through their process.

I've spent the last few days moving (may have to change my username to kauai) and I'm exhausted. I will post a more thorough review soon, but it'll probably be close to what Scot has talked about over the last few months.

Having zero in the way of affiliation with AAL, I can say without hesitation that their process is the real deal and worth every single penny.

Aloha,

--Marc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maui,

Posts: 138 | Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: September 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maui:
...The only way you will be 100% convinced is to hear one of the guitars that have gone through their process.

And that's basically what I'm up against, "proof" or demonstration wise. I can take a guitar with me to NAMM for example, that has been processed and sounds amazing, But if it wasn't YOUR guitar to start with, the improvement level is strictly a matter of quantitative graphing or comparative data/audio files - which, take it from me as a marketing guy - do not sway anyone emotionally no matter how thorough they are.

Guys, I am grateful to both Michael and Maui (or Kaui) for stepping in here and adding their experiences and thoughts. We are looking forward to adding Elambo's guitar to the growing list of instruments that have been AO1 processed. And I've appreciated this forum for the opportunity to talk about what we do and refine our message regarding how we relate to players and potential customers.

At this point, I feel like I've mostly answered (or tried to) all the questions that I can about what we do and I think this is a perfect spot to dial back my input and let people who have gotten the process talk about it. That has been my goal since day one - I can tell you a bunch of reasons why it works. And I could even tell you HOW it works, but at the end of the day - real players, like you, having the process done and being excited about it, and talking about it IS our marketing plan. It may take longer, but it's far more effective.

I'll still be around and will be available for any questions you guys have, but please don't think I'm snubbing or avoiding anything if my interaction level drops a bit.

We've got some stuff we'll be posting to the site in the next couple days. I hope you'll pop over and take a look/listen.

Thanks.

Posts: 121 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maui:

. . . I can say without hesitation that their process is the real deal and worth every single penny.

If "elambo's" review of the Alchemy process is similiar to "maui's" glowing review of the Alchemy process . . .

Oh, Oh!!!

"Sir, can I please get your credit card account number, the date of expiration, and the 3 digit security code on the back?"

"louisiana" Smile

Posts: 1310 | Registered: July 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Scot @ Alchemy,

You mentioned in previous posts that your company has spoken to several large acoustic guitar manufacturers about the possibility of licensing your process at their factories.

Since your process has not yet recieved patent protection, I'm not sure how much information you were able to divulge to the guitar companies about the nature of your process and how it can actually alter the internal components of wood.

If you did share with the guitar makers some of the nature/mechanics of your process, did any of them decline to use your process at this early stage, and caution that, if one of their customers has his guitar subjected to the AAL process, they would not cover any wood-related repair issues under their lifetime warranty?

In other words, if "maui" approached Collings in 5 years with his AAL-treated guitar because an internal brace was coming unglued, do you think they'd honor his lifetime warranty?

"louisiana" Smile

posted Hide Post
Louisiana, in view of your question, it looks like Scot picked a good time to reduce his interaction level Wink

Can you imagine the discussion at Collings on your hypothetical warranty claim: "Hmmmm, let's see, the brace became unglued, and the guitar was subjected to an undefined process by a third party, where the third party markets the undefined process as achieving a fundamental change in the wood we used to build the guitar. Should we honor the warranty claim?". Interesting to know the answer to the question you posed Louisiana.

Posts: 3288 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: November 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Moderator"
Picture of Lambo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by louisiana:If "elambo's" review of the Alchemy process is similiar to "maui's" glowing review of the Alchemy process . . .

Oh, Oh!!!

Rest assured, only my honest opinion will make its way to the forum, even if brutal for AAL. I believe Scot realizes this risk and I commend them for letting an outspoken guy like me have a go at it.

posted Hide Post
Like elambo, I had no intentions of sugar coating my reaction after spending close to $1k on this process. For that kind of money I needed the effects to be unquestionably positive and in-my-face-evident. I believe Scot will be posting before and after audio clips on his site soon, and I'll let everyone know how accurate the samples resemble what I heard / am hearing now....

Posts: 138 | Location: Maui, Hawaii | Registered: September 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elambo:
quote:
Originally posted by louisiana:If "elambo's" review of the Alchemy process is similiar to "maui's" glowing review of the Alchemy process . . .

Oh, Oh!!!

Rest assured, only my honest opinion will make its way to the forum, even if brutal for AAL. I believe Scot realizes this risk and I commend them for letting an outspoken guy like me have a go at it.

Hey elambo and maui,

Just to clarify my feeble attempt at humor: my "Oh, Oh" comment was a (comical) way to say that, if numerous positive reviews of the Alchemy process start rolling in, I might have to break out the Visa card and give it a try.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that your reviews of the Alchemy process would be biased in any way!

"louisiana" Smile

posted Hide Post
It's intriguing, to say the least, the first returns trickling in on the magical mystery alchemy tour. Some questions, practical ones, will remain, even if the reviews are unanimnously positive:
1. Does the process void a warranty?
2. If subsequent problems, traceable to the process, occur down the line, is Alchemy responsible. In other words, do they have their own warranty?
3. While well above 700 is a lotta eagles, it's really not that different than, say, a varnish finish at a grand or so, or an adirondack top at roughly the same fee.
I personally will require a lot more information, verification, and assurance, before I send them a guitar. But...... if it's all that great, why not buy your garden variety D1 and turn it into a D1A varnish equivalent for under a thou. Now, that's be something to think about. I don't thing we're anywhere near that, but the thought has occurred to me. best tom

Posts: 9551 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post