Collingsguitars.com    Collingsforum.com    Collings Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Gear  Hop To Forums  Sound and Recording    Bose L1 vs. Fishman SA220

Moderators: Rockerbob, elambo
Go
New
Find
Tools

Bose L1 vs. Fishman SA220
 Login/Join 
posted
for smaller venues and ease for a duo -what are your thoughts on these two PA systems...thanks

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should also consider the HK Audio Lucas Nano 300

A friend of mine who was a confirmed Bose user just got one of these and said for the money they blow everything out of the water. He has now retired the Bose and uses 2 of these systems with the little Bose mixer. Said it has never sounded better and the price is right!

http://www.jhs.co.uk/lucasnano300.html

Posts: 558 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks Stephen...if you could ask your friend....how are they ( HK) with vocals.....they do not appear to have any adjustments in that regard.........would like to talk to him directly if possible..thanks......

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SA-220 will get the job done if you're duo'ing in a small room. We still prefer the Bose L1 (we've played both in the same room) but if you're sticking to smaller venues it's probably fine. I don't know that I'd be comfortable using it outside, because I think the Bose Subs really help there... I have NOT tried the Bose compact so I can't compare that against the SA220 where the price points are similar.

For me, the Bose covers bigger venues as well and I'll stick with it. I've added a second sub to each of my units, and I use those if we have a drummer because it seems to make the kick more natural.

You probably have seen this thread but I'll link it anyway http://collingsforum.com/eve/f...145/m/8320053646/p/1

The room with the galvanized tin walls and crowd of people on page 1 has an SA-220 in it, and it's enough for that room. The large patio gig on bottom of page 2 would have been two big for 2 SA-220s, IMO.

Finally, they're different price points and that has to weigh in. SA220 has built in reverb, Bose L1 does not unless you add a ToneMatch mixer... those are really slick, but at $125/channel they oughta be. My two L1 rigs are a mix of new and used and I have $2k in each of 'em with a ToneMatch and second sub...

Hope that helps.

"Can I have more Quasi-high-end, overly bright, tight, harsh, klacky, over-rated guitar in the monitor please?"

Posts: 430 | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sidekick, he is located in Scotland but I will send you his email via PM. He might not answer for a week or so because he will be at NAMM all the rest of this week.

I believe that he is using the little Bose mixer for adjusting the vocals.

Posts: 558 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post